We're here to serve our Members
When you join the WPB Chamber, you become a part of a network of experienced and like-minded individuals excited to see your business succeed. Because it’s worked for others, we’d like to extend an invitation to you. You can view our membership brochure with an overview of membership benefits by clicking here. We’re looking forward to working with you to create stronger local business.
Dues are based on the size and type of the business and are good for one year of Membership. We have a membership category for every business type:
- $75 - Networking: Rub elbows with Chamber Staff, Board, & of course our other Members at all mixers. Perfect for startups or residents looking to get to know the WPB business community better.
*please note this is not a full business membership
- $75 - Studio: Special rate for individual artists, musicians, actors, bands.
- $95 - Associate Business Member: Reduced-rate membership for current, business members wanting a 2nd or 3rd business they also own to become a member.
- $150 - Cultural Venue/Non-Profit: Special rate for art galleries, dance studios, theatres, & non-profit organizations.
- Standard Business: Standard small business category for businesses without a liquor license:
- $200 - 1-4 Employees.
- $250 - 5-9 Employees.
- $300 - 10+ Employees.
- $400 - Restaurant/Bar: Businesses that have a liquor license and are not corporations or chains.
- $750 - Corporate: Businesses with 30+ employees in Chicago, or 50+ across U.S., businesses with 3+ locations, Banks, Hospitals, any publicly traded company. Businesses that join at the corporate level, & are looking to have an engrained presence within the WPB business community, have the opportunity to engage in multi-event & yearlong sponsorships.
*please contact the Membership & Marketing Coordinator to begin the discussion on sponsorship
Dues are paid every year from the date of sign up, & may be adjusted to the beginning or end of month. Please contact the Membership & Marketing Coordinator if you have specific billing needs. If you are paying by check, we request that the year membership be paid in full at the beginning of each year of membership.
Please note that to participate in Wicker Park Fest your full year of membership must be paid before your festival application will be processed & at least 1 month before festival applications are due. Your membership must also be valid for at least 6 months after the festival.
A Note to Division St. Businesses:
By joining both the Wicker Park Bucktown and West Town Chambers, membership at each Chamber will be reduced by 50%. *ONLY AVAILABLE FOR BUSINESSES LOCATED ON DIVISION STREET*
The Chamber is your liaison the WPB business Community & the City of Chicago. Whether you need assistance completing your permits, garnering support for new or changing developments, want to contact your aldermen, meet your neighbors, get in touch with local resident, or just have a question about with whom best to talk with, we can connect you to the right people.
- Join us at (or host) one of our Monthly Chamber Mixers in a relaxed atmosphere at some of your favorite local watering holes. Whether you’re new in town or are looking to create an event with a different sector of business, mixers are the perfect place to collaborate casually. Check the Chamber Calendar for each month’s location.
- Sign up to be on the Platform. The Platform is a no-nonsense, business-to-business sales opportunity. Present your service to a small group of interested Chamber members & walk away with meetings to finalize the details. Dissatisfied with your current services? Check the Chamber Calendar for each month’s service offerings; you’ll be surprised to find what can be done locally.
- Get direct access to the Chambers committees, who can provide insight into zoning needs, and garner support from the Chamber’s Board of Directors, or take part in directing the Chamber’s next moves.
The Chamber offers a number of committees that direct the Chamber’s next steps across all facets of business in the WPB Neighborhood. The more involved you are in the WPB Business Community, the more you will get back. Check out the WPB SSA #33 committees for true hands on government as well. The WPB Chamber Committees:
- Hyper Local Street Committees
- Each corner of WPB is different & we need your help organizing whatever niche, of which you are a part
- Division St. Committee
- Finance Committee
- Green Committee
- Marketing Committee
- Membership Committee
- Events Committee
- Planning, Zoning, Hospitality, & Development Committee
- Wicker Park Fest Committee
- ChillFest Committee
Promotions and Media
The Chamber helps you promote your business to thousands of local residents and businesses: your potential new customers. Because savvy marketing leads to more business and better sales, we've created a promotional package that will help you achieve just that.
- Be found in our comprehensive business directory, broken down in categories, alphabetical or on a map
- Create an in-depth directory listing describing all the amazing things about your business with an image and links to your website, social media pages and review sites
- Post your events to our heavily trafficked Neighborhood Events Calendar
- Receive coverage of your business and one free ad per year in our popular weekly e-newsletter, sent to your target market of thousands of local residents and businesses
- Tap into our extensive social media network to get liked, shared, retweeted, & reposted on our Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ pages
- Add your promotions, discounts and deals to our Local Deals page
- The Chamber works with the city's most prestigious periodicals and organizations to promote upcoming sales, events and news
- Chamber Members receive special pricing from Constant Contact: the digital marketing outreach solution. Log in to the Member's Only deals page for full details.
Events and Festivals
The Chamber coordinates a number of well-attended events that elevate the profile of the community including:
- Wicker Park Fest
- WPB TAP
- Green Business Resources Fair
- Fall Dinner Crawl
- Hyper-Local Holiday Campaign
- Wicker Park Farmers Market
Chamber Members often receive discounted or special rates when participating in these and other various promotional opportunities throughout the year.
Education and Development
Chamber Members may attend our informative training sessions: Brain Trust Seminars. These sessions cover relevant and timely business topics, such as understanding and maximizing social media, business branding, networking techniques, accounting best practices, facade rebates, etc. These seminars are led by experts in their fields, are free to Chamber Members and can be found on the Chamber Events calendar.
Exclusive Members-Only Discounts
Running a business is costly. The Chamber provides a number of ways to save money as you make money. Log in to your account to see exclusive members-only discounts and feel free to offer a deal to your fellow Members (another great way for Members to promote their business!).
As a service for Members, the Chamber provides a complimentary notary service. If you need official forms notarized, simply contact our office and the staff will handle all necessary details, saving you time and money. We’ll also gladly offer technical assistance to businesses applying for municipal permits, our local rebate programs and related matters.
Chamber Members are also welcome to drop off old documents for secure shredding and recycling provided by Secure Eco-Shred during our regular business hours, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday (there is no after-hours drop-off). Due to our limited onsite capacity, please bring no more than a 12” stack of paper per visit.
Make An Investment in your Business
When you become a Chamber Member, you invest in the future of your business and the business community as a whole. Make that investment and become a Member of the WPB Chamber today.