Notice to Milwaukee Ave. Residents Regarding Wicker Park Fest 201224-Jul-2012
The festival site on Milwaukee Avenue has been extended this year from North Avenue to Paulina Street and will take place this weekend, July 28th & 29th. Voted one of the best neighborhood festivals for the great music, food, and vendors, we expect this year’s fest to attract upwards of 60,000 attendees over the weekend. The Fest will also include a great KIDS area at Wood/Milwaukee and two fabulous arts areas featuring the work of local artists with Defibrillator Performance Art Gallery & Redmoon Theater.
Some Important Points:
- Hermitage Street, SW from Milwaukee to alley
- Wood Street, SW from Milwaukee to alley
- Wolcott Street, SW from Milwaukee to alley
- Wood Street, N from Milwaukee to Beach
- Evergreen Street, SW from Milwaukee to Wicker Park Avenue
- Honore Street, NE from Milwaukee to Elk Grove
- Honore Street, SW from Milwaukee to Wicker Park Avenue
2. Access during the Fest: You can still enter the street and your home/apartment without making a donation at the gates (suggested $5 donation), however we encourage donations for all attendees of the festival as they benefit local economic development, schools and non-profit organizations.
Thank You for your participation and cooperation in Wicker Park Fest 2012!